Thursday, September 9, 2010

An Ode to Will Ferrell

As promised, this blog post will be a tribute to one of my favorite comedians, a Mr. Will Ferrell.  Now, I know you may think this is stupid, but for some reason I am always feeling like I am defending Will, especially to my mother who thinks he is stupid.  I also have an ex boyfriend who told me the same thing, so I have always been a little extra defensive!  But, after much thought I decided the following:  If you can't watch something with Will Ferrell in it and not laugh, then I don't even want to talk to you.  We will obviously not have anything in common.  So, I have compiled a list of my favorite things that have come from Will Ferrell.

Favorite SNL skits:  There are a couple here, I love the Spartan Cheerleaders and the Night at the Roxbury skits forever and always.  But, I think one of my favorite skits is one in which he plays some kind of guy showing love for his country in an American flag speedo....enough said.  All I know is that this skit involves him in an office setting bending over alot.....and moving on...


Favorite Line from an SNL skit:  "More cowbell..."  If you can't appreciate that one without further details you are not a true fan.  


PS - I saw a random person wearing this shirt at Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans on vacation once.  It literally made my day!"
Favorite Overall Will Ferrell Movie: Old School.  


I LOVE this movie.  I know it is more of a guy's movie, but I can watch it over and over.  I think it is a combination of the fact that it has Luke Wilson (yeah Dallas), Vince Vaughn, and Jeremy Piven in addition to Will Ferrell.  And who can forget Will Ferrell as "Frank the Tank" running down the street naked.  A few memorable quotes:


"Let's keep that on the downlow, she's not exactly street legal." 


"Hey honey, you think KFC is still open?"


"We're going streaking!"


"Bring your green hat!"


"I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, are we not?" 


Most Quotable Will Ferrell Movie:  Elf.  


How can you not love this one?  I can watch this movie in the middle of the day on the 4th of July and still enjoy it as much as I do at Christmas time.  Recently, Casey and I had some friends over and we took a poll on everyone's favorite Elf Quotes.  They included the following:


"Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"


"The yellow ones don't stop!"


"Bye Buddy, I hope you find your dad!"


"We elves try to stick to the four main food groups:  candy, candy corn, candy canes, and syrup!"


"Is there sugar in syrup.  Then YES!"                                       "Francisco, that's fun to say!"


"You smell like beef and cheese, you don't smell like Santa!"


"I waited 5 hours for you. Why is your coat so big? So, good news - I saw a dog today. Have you seen a dog? You probably have. How was school? Was it fun? Did you get a lot of homework? Huh? Do you have any friends? Do you have a best friend? Does he have a big coat, too?... "


"I just like to smile, smiling's my favorite!"




Favorite Will Ferrell Online Video: 
The Landlord.


Now we all know that really Pearl made this video memorable, but we will still give Will Ferrell credit here.  Sometimes when I need something from Casey I will just squeal "I want my money!!!!!!!!!!"  It's hilarious every time.






Favorite Will Ferrell Cameo:  Wedding Crashers.  


The first time I saw this movie, it was such a great surprise to see Will as a guy who crashes funerals.  Let's not even go there.  However the term "Mom, the meatloaf!" is now a pretty commonly used term between me and my friend Holly.


Ok, I think that is enough Will Ferrell experience for today.  I hope you enjoyed yourself a little bit.  And if I still can't convince you to like Will Ferrell, please just keep that from me the next time I see you.  I will like you a lot better if you do.


Until next time, Ciao for now!  


And always remember, If you ain't first, you're last! (a final tribute from one Ricky Bobby).

No comments:

Post a Comment